Wednesday, December 23, 2009

some things dont change

Last friday (18th Dec), I went on a short trip to Johor Bahru (Taman Pelangi Indah) with my Mum in the morning. We met up with Uncle and shopped at Jusco for groceries. The exchange rate was 1:2.43-.44 and everything was really cheap lol. I could have bought my Lee Cooper Leena red color shoes if not for the limited stock, the usual. Anyway I bought a handphone strap and some chocolates. Too bad no time to continue my hunt for the shoes though..

We spent the rest of our Friday at home, just lazing around actually. It was far too short to laze around 'cause the following day I exited the customs with my Uncle and rushed to school. It was for Ren Ci Hospital, flag-raising day. Okay, I thought I would get the green CSC shirt but oh well.
After wasting time, we finally took a bus ride over to City Hall to commence the event. I went to Marina Square's entrance but of course, it gives me a feeling of familiarity - the roadshows we used to work at. Plus, the crowd is never-ending. I was really hardworking, repeating the same phrase continuously I felt like recording and re-playing to the next person. Surprisingly I didn't suffer any sore throat nor flu from my repetition of lines and the occurence of heavy rainstorm.

It took me 2 hours, still, to fill the tin almost to the brim. My hands were too tired from holding the heavier tin and my exhaustion. After I returned I went to Pacific City for entertainment lol. My laptop was sent to repair for 2 entire weeks - so I used the Macbook for some leisure. Then there was an overflowing of crowd, such that I was mistaken for a staff I don't understand why. I think because I was playing on the Macbook lol. There was Edogawa and Sumo. I noticed that the people who walked in are very decisive. Once they set their minds on something, they just say, "I'll take it", walk to the cashier and pay for the item(s). Well that wasn't the cause for this Caucasian couple though.

Alright, now the most exciting part. I met up with Addy to make our way to Changi Airport. Pengsoon was already there, Vicki reached shortly, Kelvin got out at 6.30pm - our meeting time. Haha. We had dinner at Xin Wang HK Café. Simply chatting and reminiscing and wondering, how comfortable we were together, when it has been almost a year since we've last hanged out! Maybe Kel was right - we had such a strong bond it simply rekindles. Well, I left a seat for Cherie...

Next was supposedly the viewing mall which Addy so much wanted to view. But we viewed this instead -


That was when we decided to watch this fantastic movie about the Qing dynasty (1906) period where fights for democracy were uprising. We watched the 0020 show at Shaw Century Square. With ample time, we went to Coffee Bean first.


1905, City of Victoria (British Colony of Hong Kong)

In the distance of thirteen blocks, the one man who holds a nations fate must survive relentless attempts on his life with only five bodyguards to protect him. Against hundreds of assassins, these men must put their courage to the test in order to protect the hopes of millions in this perilous night even if it means fighting to the death...

For more details - visit http://ent.sina.com.cn/f/m/shywch/index.shtml

The movie ended. It was such a magnificent movie I couldn't think of anything to say. We splitted - peng, vick & i; addy & kel - and took cab home. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You may try this herbal candy, which is pretty popular in asia~~
It works well on my sore throat!
ninjiom.50webs.com